6 September 2012

A Bento Lunch Box For Hugo


My first attempt at a Bento Lunch Box for Hugo!...

I didn't have too many tools so I just winged it with what I had in the kitchen... I'm rather chuffed with the end result, and so was Hugo.
I was interested to see his reaction to it. I originally thought that he would be a bit too young to appreciate it, but was proved wrong. When I put it in front of him, he let out a little whoop of excitement!



Hugo's Bento Box included- 
Dinosaur sandwich with Marmite
Homemade trail mix 
Turkey Ham 'ribbons' and 'H' cutout English Cheddar
Carrot sticks and cucumber circles 
Kiwi-fruit stars and strawberry slices 



 Hugo went straight for the sandwich and the cheese. He also ate the turkey ham and some cucumber and carrot. I saved the fruit and trailmix for him to have later, as his afternoon snack.
I didn't have any shaped cookie cutters so, for the stars, I printed a stencil  (found on the net) and cut it out with a sharp knife. Luckily the letter H for Hugo is an easy letter to do by hand too.

I had so much fun putting this together and it was so easy to do.
Now I'm off to the shops to find some interesting shape cutters and lunch boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment