13 June 2012

Caprese Salad...Baby Style!

The last two days have been a blur - we have friends visiting, which always throws routines out a bit!
Yesterday, when Hugo' s meal time came around, and I had absolutely nothing prepared for him, I opted for my favorite last minute go-to meal for him (it also happens to be one of his favorites)!
I call it Caprese Salad - Baby Style, as it has the same ingredients as the classic Italian salad - tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and avocado. On days when I am in a mad rush, I reach for a jar of organic tomato pasta sauce (a cupboard staple in our home) add to this some fresh basil from the herb garden, chopped up ripe avocado and some lovely buffalo mozzarella... and there you have it! A yummy, fresh meal, packed with goodness for baby and so simple to put together. Never fails to get Hugo's lips smacking! :)
PS: instead of regular organic tomato pasta sauce, you could also use a Hipp organic mozzarella, tomato and basil baby food jar and just add fresh avo.

1 comment: